It's true that the average college students is broke, but that doesn't mean that their meals should suffer. This blog will provide cheap, easy, and delicious meals!


Made by a college student for fellow college students. (Or for people with low budgets looking for good meals)



If you want to spice up your typical ramen noodle diet, this blog is for you. :)

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cheesy Chicken Bacon Breasts

A new year means a new recipes! I'm back and starting my Senior year of college, I can't believe how fast the time has flown. I spent my summer interning with the BUZZ Magazine working Mondays-Fridays from 9-4 so at the end of the day I was too tired to cook up a meal for one and then blog about it. Sleep was much more important. The good news for y'all is I spent a lot of my free time researching all kinds of new delicious and of course cheap recipes to cook and share. I have an collection of cookbooks and websites that I constantly research for ideas. I even get daily emails from sites like allrecipes.com with the recipe of the day. I will do my best to post these recipes frequently but I am taking a full course load and working nights as a Intramural Sports Supervisor and working part time at the BUZZ Magazine so take it easy on me if I miss a week or two.

Here is a recipe that I have been dying to share with y'all. If the title wasn't obvious enough, it has chicken, cheese and bacon and let's face it, anything with bacon is sure to be a hit! I hope you enjoy it as much I do!

Cheesy Chicken Bacon Breats

4 Chicken Breasts
8 slices bacon
1 egg, beaten
1 cup bread crumbs
your choice of sliced cheese



Place egg in shallow dish, place bread crumbs in another dish.


Place 2 slices uncooked bacon around each breast. 


Dip each piece of chicken in egg and then in bread crumbs. Lay each piece of chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish.


Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.


Top each chicken breast with your favorite slice of cheese. I used provolone but any type will taste just a good.


Continue baking another 10-20 minutes or until chicken is brown and cheese is melted. 


For a side dish I whipped of a pot of instant mashed potatoes and added garlic salt to the mix to spice it up. 


Dig in! I know the smell of bacon has been torturing you for the past hour!


Hope you like this as much as I do! Leave me a comment with any questions or comments and don't forget to follow me to stay up to date on what I'm cooking in my kitchen :)






No comments: