It's true that the average college students is broke, but that doesn't mean that their meals should suffer. This blog will provide cheap, easy, and delicious meals!


Made by a college student for fellow college students. (Or for people with low budgets looking for good meals)



If you want to spice up your typical ramen noodle diet, this blog is for you. :)

Monday, November 7, 2011

Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatoes

I've been a little under the weather lately and every time I get sick I get homesick. Seeing as how I am not able to go home for a couple weeks, I decided to make one of my childhood favorites and bring a little bit of home to me. 

Tonight's dinner is Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatoes. The pork chops are a classic that my mom always makes and the scalloped potatoes was something new I wanted to try. I also made more Green Giant green beans with almonds that aren't pictured until the last photo. Refer to my other posts for information on Green Giant veggies!

As always, this is all easy, inexpensive and doesn't take very long to make!

Pork Chops
-Shake 'N Bake Original Pork (comes with coating mix and a shaker bags)
-Pork chops (bone-in or boneless...I used bone-in)

Scalloped Potatoes
-Betty Crocker Scalloped Potatoes (comes with potatoes and sauce mix)
-3 tablespoons margarine or butter
-2 2/3 cups of BOILING water
1 1/2 cups milk



The potatoes can be cooked in the oven or over the stove but I used the oven.

Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Stir sauce mix, boiling water, milk and margarine with a whisk in a 2-quart casserole. Stir in potatoes.


Bake uncovered about 32 minutes or until top is golden brown and potatoes are tender (sauce will thicken as it stands). Stir before serving.


Heat oven to 425. Moisten pork chops with water.

Shake the chops, 1 or 2 at a time, in the shaker bag with 1 package of the coating mix.



Bake in ungreased for foil-lined pan for 15 minutes or until done (minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees with the meat thermometer).


So. Good. :)

Don't forget to follow me! Thanks for all the support!

No comments: